The rapid development of the music industry over the last couple of years led to a diversification of the product offering and enabled customers to find the best digital pianos at a reasonable price. The innovations made these musical instruments even more interesting and desirable by both professionals and casual learners. The most competitive advantage of digital pianos is the addition of new features that improved the sound quality. Today, owning the best electronic piano is a cost-effective purchase that allows you to express yourself and choose between an incredible range of features. Below, you will find a thorough guide outlining the advantages of playing this instrument and the main features you should look out for before you consider a purchase.
Yamaha CLP-440 Clavinova
- Under 1000$
- Synthetic ivory keytops
- RGE Sound Engine
- Stereo Sustain samples
- Under 500$
- 88-key hammer-action keyboard
- 20 built-in voices
- Duet Mode
- Under 1000$
- 18 Tones with Split
- 256 note polyphony
- Stereo Digital Audio Recording
What is a Digital Piano?
In brief, digital pianos best represent the features of the old-known grand ones. They are similar in terms of keys, sounds, and layout. The sounds produced by a full-size instrument, are replicated by the built-in speakers. However, digital pianos are lighter and therefore easier to carry around. They are also more versatile and feature sound amplifiers, connectivity, recording, which makes them suitable for professionals and musical enthusiasts of all ages.
|Why to buy
|Yamaha CLP-440 Clavinova
Yamaha CLP-440 Clavinova
Although their main function is to replicate the full-size keyboard sounds, the best digital piano for beginners also reproduce the sound of string and wind musical instruments. This way, the live performances are given a robust. The external outputs enable musicians to create elaborate mixes.
The number of brands competing for the prize “Best digital piano manufacturer” is overwhelming and choosing a model that best meets your preferences can be a difficult task. In general, you have to choose between two main types – digital stage keyboards and digital grand ones, respectively. If you are looking for a digital pianos for beginners, the stage models will accomplish your goals. They are also known as portable keyboards. In this respect, they are easier to transport, but they do not have all built-in features necessary for polishing your skills.
On the other hand, grand models are considered the best digital pianos for beginners and professionals alike. One can hardly tell the difference between the sounds quality, acoustic and construction of a full-size model and a digital grand piano. Although the latter has all features required for a top-notch onstage performance, it is not so bulky and difficult to transport.
Advantages of Playing the Piano
It goes without saying that installing a digital piano in your home makes the room look magnificent, but the esthetic appearance is not the sole advantage of these musical instruments. Learning how to play the keyboard goes hand in hand with some benefits you have not thought about. Check them out below:
- The best digital pianos are suitable for beginners. All you need to know in order to produce a pleasant sound is how to read the notes and the placement of the keys. Every digital piano beginner’s guide starts with an explanation of the keys placement. You just have to take a look at the musical sheet and find the right key for getting a certain sound out of your instrument. When you play the keyboard, you see the key you are pressing and hear the sound you are producing with a complete certainty. Of course, it takes some practice to improve your skills, but it is a great feeling to get a decent sound out of an instrument you do not know.
- Digital pianos are polyphonic musical instruments, which further contributes to their versatility. Pianists can play many notes at once. Some other instruments such as a flute, violin, or organs fall under the category of the monophonic instruments. They do not allow you to play more than one note at a time. Therefore, you need an accompanying instrument for your performance. On the other hand, digital pianos enable you to play complex passages without the use of any other instruments.
- Various surveys suggest that learning to play a musical instrument and a keyboard, in particular, has a positive impact on the development of learner’s intellectual skills. According to different studies, kids who attend digital piano courses perform better in school. Playing a keyboard improves their attention span as well as their logical skills. It is never too late to start learning to play the instrument, though. If you want to enhance your manual dexterity and master a skill that comes with a number of benefits, go ahead and search for the best electronic piano tutor in your area.
- Apart from improving one’s concentration and logical skills, playing a digital piano also goes hand in hand with some health benefits. As the time passes, you will notice a considerable difference in your posture and coordination. The back pain will disappear when you master the technique for right positioning of your hands and start to control your overall body posture.
- The best digital pianos can make any special occasion unforgettable. When you gather for a celebration, and the family members know you play this instrument, they will surely ask you to play for some time.
- Digital piano performers are said to learn other instruments quickly. Even if you are still not confident in your playing skills and you are still reading a “Digital piano for beginners” guide, you are more likely to pick up learning to play another instrument as compared to someone who does not play at all.
- A digital piano best prepares you for the basic musical theory lessons you need to know. For instance, if you play a monophony instrument you might get out decent sounds without having the slightest hint how did you manage to produce them. However, when you play a digital piano, you need to know the theory behind the beautiful chords.
- Playing a keyboard helps you unlock your imagination, experiment with different patterns and create beautiful compositions. Practice makes perfect, so you just need to be persistent and dedicated to mastering the musical skill.
- Last but not least, what do you think about turning your passion for playing a keyboard into a career? Have you ever dreamed of being among those lucky lads who make a living by doing what they love? Becoming a professional pianist is a tough but not an impossible task. Everything lies in your perseverance and commitment to upgrade your skills. There are plenty of job opportunities you can explore. You can join a band, give digital piano lessons to beginners and advanced learners, play on special occasions such as weddings.
Video of Our Site For Digital Pianos
How to Determine which are the Best Digital Pianos?
Now, when you are familiar with the advantages of the best digital pianos and the differences and similarities between them and the full-size instruments, you should consider buying a model that best meets your budget and personal preferences. Purchasing a good quality product is the first step towards upgrading your keyboard skills, so you should do your best to make an educated choice. Contrary to popular belief, the best digital pianos are not manufactured only by one brand. Of course, there are certain brands that have a solid reputation, but it is not the brand that makes an electronic piano top-quality. You might be surprised to find out that there are some budget-friendly options packed with astounding functions. For a quick guide go to our graphic.
If you have already played a grand piano and now you are switching to a digital one, you might find it difficult to get used to the new experience. Nevertheless, digital pianos are unbeatable in terms of portability and versatility. If you are reluctant to spend a small fortune on a grand piano or you are short on space, check out the main features of the best digital pianos and settle for the one that fits your requirements.
Comprehensive Digital Piano Buying Guide
The first thing you have to take into account is whether you would use your digital piano at home or for onstage performances and choose accordingly. The best digital pianos strike a balance between affordability and quality. If you are hesitating whether to purchase an acoustic piano or a digital one, here are a few factors to consider.
If the lack of space is a huge problem to your household, the best thing you can do is to opt for a digital piano. They are considerably lighter than their acoustic counterparts. Even if their design resembles a traditional instrument, they are much lighter. Similarly, if you need to practice at home and then take your musical instrument for a general rehearsal or an onstage performance, the digital pianos are the better alternative. You can easily disassemble them and fit them in your vehicle.
A company that manufactures flawless products is yet to be established. In this respect, you might opt for the brand that provides the best digital pianos, but it does not mean it is protected against damages. Moreover, here comes the question about the maintenance cost. Acoustic keyboards require regular maintenance and occasional tuning, while the digital pianos’ maintenance is pretty much narrowed down to dusting.
If you do not live on your own, your keyboard practice routine can be disturbing for the other family members. The harder you push the acoustic piano keys, the louder the sounds become. However, the best digital pianos allow you to have full control over the volume. You can just plug in your headphones and even add brass, drums, percussion to your performance.
Regarding the Quality of the Music
- The latest industry innovations made it possible for pianists to take advantage of the recording capabilities of their instruments. The best digital piano for beginners and advanced players allow you to record your performance and keep track of your progress. What is more, most of them have a USB port so you can connect your keyboard to a computer or other recording equipment. Some models even accept memory cards for easy music transfer.
- One of the most important features you should consider when buying an instrument is the keyboard and the feel of the keys in particular. While the resistance inside an acoustic piano is a result of the wooden hammers striking the strings, the resistance of digital pianos is a result of mechanical components. The latter makes a great difference as far as playability is concerned.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of the velocity-sensitivity factor. If you opt for a low- cost instrument, you are likely to experience frequent level switches. At the same time, the best electronic pianos can sense even the smallest velocity differences. The higher class pianos usually have a knob or a slider, which houses the volume controls that adjust the instrument’s output.
- It would be unacceptable to skip the sound quality feature that is essential when choosing a good quality digital piano. The digital technologies responsible for the reproduction of samples play a key role in the quality of the produced sounds. The digital memory some of the best digital pianos contain makes it possible to reproduce more realistic sounds. The more expensive models feature hundreds of sound samples – flutes, accordions, synthesizers to name a few. However, the incredible variety of sounds and effects can be distracting. Plus, if you are looking for a digital piano for beginners, you should better ignore the number of sounds and focus solely on the quality of the few basic sounds you will use.
- The next feature you should take into account is the decay of the notes as well as the quality of the built-in speakers and amplifiers. If you need to buy an instrument for home use, it would be enough to check whether it has built-in amplifiers and speakers. For live performances, you should better make sure the model you settled for has output options for recording consoles, PA systems, and external amplifiers.
- As mentioned earlier, digital pianos are polyphonic instruments. In brief, polyphony indicates the number of notes or tones your keyboard can produce at one time. The lower class models usually have 32-note polyphony, but it seems the best digital piano for beginners should feature at least 64-note polyphony. Best quality models deliver either 128 or 264-note polyphony and successfully create realistic, complex sounds, which makes them the better option for advanced players.
- The number of keys your digital piano has is also important. The standard number is 88 keys. Don’t forget about the touch response as well. It is one of the essential features you should look out for. Instead of concentrating on “added bonuses” such as LED screens, lights and dials, check whether the touch response allows your fingers to fly across the keys without too much effort.
- The best electronic pianos come with tutorials that help beginners pick up the melodies and chores. The majority of leading brands even have digital pianos for beginners where the keyboard can be split into sections. This way, the student and the teacher can use one keyboard for playing in the same octaves.
- Last but not least, consider your level of experience and choose the digital piano accordingly. If you are yet to master some basic skills, you should better opt for a more budget-friendly model and eventually purchase a more expensive one at a later stage. However, if you are an advanced pianist, you should not put up with a model that does not match the aforementioned criteria.
After reading our page you can conclude that no other instrument would match the sheer delight one feels upon hearing musical sounds. Despite the incredible variety of musical instruments, pianos remain a symbol of luxury. Today, owning a keyboard is affordable not only to well-off people. Everyone who has a passion for playing can choose a product with a decent quality-price ratio.
A digital piano can add an elegant sparkle to your décor, improve your dexterity and ability to memorize new stuff. Practicing an instrument is a rewarding experience as it brings physical, intellectual and purely emotional benefits. Digital pianos are arguably the best musical instruments that have ever existed. Once you become keen on playing, you will never get tired of practicing and triggering positive emotions for your audience.
- Great Performers for Tight Spaces (Classical Pianist Tests the Latest Digital Instruments)
- Guides About Digital Pianos FAQ (Deciding & Understanding More About the Instrument)
- Piano Facts, Information &Pictures (Best Known and Loved of all Musical Instruments)
- Evolution of Digital Piano Technology (Amplify the Piano & Maintain an Authentic Sound)